01 October, 2017
Everyone makes mistakes every now and again, but when it comes to your dental hygiene, you want to make sure that you’re not making the most common oral hygiene mistakes all the time. It is okay to oops every now and again, like brushing with your finger when you forget your toothbrush. However, making sure to stay on top of your oral hygiene is extremely important for the life of your smile. Solace Dentistry can help you reduce the mistakes that you make and get you back on track again.
Most Common Oral Hygiene Mistakes
- Brushing Too Hard – There is actually such a thing as brushing too hard. You want to make sure that you’re brushing firmly and evenly, but not scraping down your teeth.
- Flossing is Not an Option – You cannot just choose when to floss and when not to floss. This is a big thing to think about. You need to always make sure to floss. It is a big portion of the oral hygiene habits that you have.
- Infrequent Brushing – Brushing here and there is not going to do anything for your teeth. Having a regular brushing and flossing schedule is a must. Make sure to always brush your teeth every day, at least two times a day.
- Rinsing – After you eat or drink something, you can boost your oral hygiene by rinsing your mouth out. Make sure that you do this, as this can help your teeth last much longer in the long run.
Speak with us here at Solace Dentistry to find out how we can provide you with a happier, healthier smile overall. Located in Charlotte, NC, we provide a comfortable, gentle approach to dental work. We want you to be happy with your care and smile and through the use of the dental hygiene practices we provide, you can.
15 September, 2017
Knowing the questions to ask a new dentist is important. Getting to know them is essential to find out if they’re able to provide you with the dental work that is required. With the help that they provide, everyone can have a more comfortable experience with the dentist. At Solace Dentistry, we believe that peace and positivity can go a long way with your dental experience. Find out what questions you should ask when it is your first time at the office.
Questions to Ask a New Dentist
There are numerous questions to ask a new dentist during your first consult. Keep these and others that you think of in mind during the appointment.
- Do you practice gentle dentistry?
- Let them know if you’re scared of the dentist or of having dental work done.
- Do they do procedures a certain way for patients?
- Should you be aware of any office or billing procedures that they have for patients?
- What are your qualifications to practice dentistry?
- How can I improve my dental health? What about whitening my teeth?
- How often should I visit the dentist and have a cleaning exam?
- What good at home techniques can I use to reduce the chances of cavities or gingivitis?
- Are there are specific toothbrushes or products I should be using?
- What age should my child be before they see a dentist?
A great dentist will answer all of your questions for you and put your mind at ease. Speak with us here at Solace Dentistry in Charlotte, NC to find out what we can do for you. We take pride in providing comfortable dentistry experiences for all of our patients. Let us take care of the dental needs that you have. Call us today to make an appointment with one of our dental professionals.
01 September, 2017
It is important to be prepared for your next dental appointment. With a few tips and tricks from the experts here at Solace Dentistry, everyone is able to reduce the nerves they have, while also feeling more comfortable with the procedure you’re getting. A lot of people are scared of the dentist, but being prepared is the best step forward to get the best dental care you have ever had. Keep these tips in mind the next time you come in for an appointment to get the dental work you need.
Ways to Prepare Yourself for Your Next Dental Appointment
There are many ways to prepare yourself for your next dental appointment. Keeping these tips in mind can help you reduce anxiety, while also feeling more comfortable with the level of dental work that is needed. Many are scared of the dentist, but you don’t have to be.
- Meet with the dentist beforehand to let them know how you feel about dental work. Knowing the dentist helps you feel more comfortable.
- Ask about the procedure, how long it will take, what will be done and what you can expect it to feel like so that you’re not going in without knowing much about it. Fear of the unknown is common.
- Know that if you’re currently in any dental pain, the dentist can remove the pain by doing the procedure for you. This helps you put aside anxiety and get right to the point.
Speak with the Dental Professionals
If you are nervous about the dental work that is going to be done, it is important to let the dentist know how you feel. Call the dental professionals here at Solace Dentistry for the help that is needed. We can provide you with an appointment and some reassuring words to keep your anxiety at bay. Call us today to set up a time to meet!
15 August, 2017
Everyone knows that getting a filling is one of the ways to prevent tooth decay from spreading. However, fillings do so much more. Here at Solace Dentistry, we take your dental health very seriously. We want you to know all the benefits of fillings. Here is more information on some of the other things a filling will do for you.
Fillings are a Great Way to Prevent Tooth Decay from Spreading
Of course, getting a filling is the first step if your tooth has some level of decay. By removing the decayed material, and sealing any gaps where bacteria can enter the tooth, a filling is the most important step in making sure you prevent tooth decay from spreading.
. . . But They Do So Much More, Too
If your tooth has been damaged—whether through trauma or decay—you may be in a situation where the structural strength of the tooth has been compromised. This means the tooth will be more susceptible to damage in the future, when you are eating crunchy food, or engaging in some other activity that puts stress on the tooth.
A filling can help strengthen the tooth, particularly when it is applied in place of weakened material. By getting a filling, you can help ward off future problems.
What’s more, a filling can help restore the tooth to its proper function. Sometimes, people who have damaged a tooth begin to compensate by chewing on the other side of the mouth. This can eventually lead to problems with the jaw (and the teeth that are being used to compensate). Getting a filling means that the damaged tooth is able to return to full function, and you can stop avoiding using that part of your mouth.
If you think you may need a filling, come see us at Solace Dentistry today!